Are you a student and looking for Best laptops for students?
Here your search comes to an happy end! Read this article and you will be sure which laptop suits you best.
Here is the list of best laptops for students you should look up to in 2020.
What does students need in their laptop?
Let us first discuss what’s the basic need of laptops for students.
Staying on budget matters a lot, especially for college students.
Who also need to pay for housing and are already scrimping with their steady diet of instant noodles.
However, performance also matters, so that not just any budget laptop will do.
The best laptops for students has to deliver a performance good enough for getting school work and projects done.
A bit of video streaming, movie watching and perhaps some gaming in between.
So here we get an idea of what does a student need in his laptop.
From our research on best laptops for students we found out that students need a compact laptop.
which can be easily used anywhere and carried anywhere.
A laptop with a great battery life which can easily last for about a day or so and doest have to keep the laptop attached to the charger 24×7 and to look for charging points everywhere.
A great display, built and awesome performance which can handle a little gaming, surfing the web and can do everyday stuff with ease.
Going to school can be a stressful time. You don’t need the added frustration of having to work on a barely functioning laptop.
So we sought out the 10 best laptops for students that are ideal for your budget, no matter how low.
Because no one should be restricted to an ancient relic just to get some work done, but you shouldn’t have to sell an organ, either😆.
So here we present our list of best laptops for students 2020.
This list is made keeping every individual in our mind and therefore this list of best laptops for student has laptops in every budget one will need.
So first laptop in our best laptops for students list is the apple macbook air.
Apple MacBook Air
This beautiful machine has some awesome features that you won’t regret buying.
This apple macbook has a Stunning 13.3-inch Retina display with Apple’s Touch ID.
A Dual-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor with Intel Ultra HD Graphics 617.
This laptop packs in a Fast SSD storage in a 128 gb or 256 gb variants.
A 8GB ram with Stereo speakers with wider stereo sound.
This laptop Has Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
A mind blowing battery life of Up to 12 hours and a Force Touch trackpad.
So the next laptop in our list of best laptops for students is a great alternative to the apple’s macbook.
if you dont wanna buy the macbook and you are a windows fan.
DELL XPS 13
- This device the DELL XPS 13 9370 is price at 113000 INR. is a great laptop for student.
- The Dell XPS 13 9370 comes with a great 13.3-inch FHD ips panel.
- A 8th Gen Core i5-8250U processor and 8GB RAM with a 256GB SSD.
- Equipped with Intel HD Graphics and comes preloaded with Windows 10 Home MS Office student and with a battery life of 6-7 hours.
The next best laptop for students is also from the same brand dell and comes in a price range same as the Dell xps 13 9370 laptop.
The Dell G3 3579 tends to be a great laptop for students.
- With an 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H processor with a 2.2GHz base processor speed.
- This laptop operates on a Preloaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity.
- A gorgeous 15.6-inch Full HD (1920×1080) display.
- A massive 16GB DDR4 RAM with NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics.
- A Storage of 1TB HDD all packed in a Laptop weight of 2.5 kg.
- Couple of Preinstalled Softwares as Windows 10 Home, MS Office Home & Student 2016.
- Ports & CD drive: 3 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI, 2 audio-out.and a great 5-6 hours of battery life.
So the next best laptop for students is a little bit focused on a gaming side.
HP Pavilion Gaming 15
This laptop the HP Pavilion Gaming 15 comes with a great specification in a price of less than a lakh rupees.
- This comes with a Latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core Processor.
- A NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics.
- A beautiful 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920×1080) IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit Display.
- A 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and a battery life of Up to 11 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage).
- Provides up to 8 hours and 15 minutes (video playback).
This laptop packs in windows 10 Home (64-bit) Operating System and Windows 10 Office Home & Student 2016 pre loaded.
The next laptop in our list of best laptops for students is a high end laptop.
Which can do any sort of work with ease but not for the students who look for gaming.
Apple MacBook Pro
The Apple MacBook Pro is a great high end laptop which can handle any type of work with an ease.
- It comes in two variants one with 256GB ssd and other one with a 512GB of ssd.
- It has a 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor which can handle any sort of processing easily.
- Has Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology which is a great feature of apple and the true tone technology helps the display brightness 🔆 adjust easily as per surroundings.
- Has a Touch Bar and Touch ID to helps you in securing the laptop.
- A Radeon Pro 555X or 560X graphics with 4GB of video memory.
- An Ultrafast SSD of 256GB or 512GB as a variant you choose to buy.
- Has Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT
The next best laptop for students is a laptop which will surely be loved by people who want to have a gaming laptop at a low price.
The ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DT is a laptop which comes as low budget gaming laptops by asus with not so low specifications.
- It has an AMD Ryzen 5-3550H processor with a 2.1GHz Base speed which can go upto 3.26 ghz.
- A 8GB DDR4 RAM which can be upgradable upto 32GB.
- Has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR5 4GB VRAM Graphics to help you with impressive graphics.
- A Storage of 512GB M.2 SSD. And a display of 15.6″ (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920×1080) 120Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel with 45% NTSC.
- Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity. And a battery life of Up to 10 hours.
HP Envy 13
The best laptop for students is now better than ever. Refreshed with a new design, powerful speakers and useful security features,
The new HP Envy 13 is the best sub-$1,000 laptop for students or anyone.
Who needs a portable machine with loads of power and long battery life (11+ hours on the FHD model).
The 2019 version is a fingerprint sensor and a webcam kill switch that shuts power to the camera so you don’t have to worry about people snooping on you.
Combine those features with a sleek chassis, bright 4K or 1080p display and plenty of performance from 8th Gen Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs, and it’s easy to see why we like the hp Envy 13 so much.
Acer’s Aspire 5
Acer aspire 5 is the ultimate budget laptop.
For under $400 you get a sleek design, a bright 1080p display and fast performance.
Best of all, the acer Aspire 5 lasts 8 hours and 51 minutes on a charge.
Which means you shouldn’t have problems bringing it to class or work without a charger.
The specs you get for the price are really second-to-none, from the large 15.6-inch display to 128GB of fast SSD storage.
And with an aluminum design that weighs 3.8 pounds, the acer Aspire 5 is both premium and relatively portable.
Huawei Matebook 13
The best laptop for most college students.
Key features :-
- CPU: 8th-generation Intel Core i5 – i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620, Nvidia GeForce MX150 (optional)
- RAM: 8GB
- Screen: 13.3-inch 2K (2,560 x 1,440) with touch panel
- Storage: 256GB – 512GB SSD
We’re massive fans of laptops that can skillfully strike a balance between price and performance with hardly any compromises.
The Huawei MateBook 13 comes closer to than anything else in 2019 so far.
It’s light and compact, perfect for carrying in your backpack while you hurry from class to class. but it’s fast and affordable as well.
This stunning 13-inch Ultrabook will make sure you’ll get all your work done in style, without burning a hole in your pocket.
Sure, you might need to keep that charger on hand if you want it to last you the whole day, as the battery life is underwhelming.
However, there’s still no doubt that the Huawei Matebook 13 deserves its lofty spot on our list of the best laptops for students.
Surface book 2
Key features :-
- CPU: 8th-gen Intel Core i5-i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB
- Screen: 13.5-inch, 2256 x 1504 PixelSense touch display
- Storage: 128GB – 1TB SSD.
While the Surface book was arguably one of the best laptops for students.
It was still held back by its below average performance, a lack of ports and Windows 10 in S Mode.
Luckily, the Surface book 2 has considerably improved on its predecessor – with the exception of the ports.
It’s now packed with 8th-generation Intel Kaby Lake Refresh processors, full-fat Windows 10 Home and a black color option.
We only wish it included even a single USB-C port.
Still, you will get all your tasks done in style with this laptop with little to no effort, making it deserving of a high spot on this list.
Microsoft Surface Go
Key features :-
- CPU: Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615
- RAM: 4GB – 8GB
- Screen: 10-inch, 1,800 x 1,200 (217 ppi; 3:2 aspect ratio) PixelSense touch display
- Storage: 64GB eMMC – 128GB SSD.
Even if you’re only in the market for a laptop for school that strikes a balance between cost and performance.
it can’t hurt to factor in a splash of style.
The Microsoft Surface Go isn’t just one of the best Windows tablets.
but it’s also one of the most beautiful devices on the market.
Better yet, it also gets our vote as among the best laptops for students, especially from a value perspective.
Don’t be duped by the low-power components.
Microsoft engineered this tablet to take on all your general schoolwork and more without breaking a sweat.
Acer Chromebook 15
- CPU: Intel Celeron 3205U 1.5GHz (dual-core)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics.
- RAM: 4GB
- Screen: 15.6-inch, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
- Storage: 32GB SSD
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera: 720p
- Weight: 4.85 pounds
- Dimensions: 15.08 x 9.65 x 0.95-inches.
The acer Chromebook 15 is a ridiculously cheap student laptop that’s also very capable.
The hardware is in line with that price, with lower specs across the board – but as the machine runs Chrome OS.
it doesn’t matter too much, with the laptop still delivering a fast and responsive usage experience.
That 15.6-inch screen is an absolute delight, by the way.
Again, its speakers are poor, with flat treble and weak bass but at this price, you can afford an iPod as well.
One of the best student laptops going in 2020 for those shopping on a budget.
Who don’t need a host of extra bells and whistles.
Huawei Matebook X Pro
- CPU: 8th generation Intel Core i5 – i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620, Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB
- Screen: 13.9-inch 3K (3,000 x 2,080)
- Storage: 512GB SSD.
If you’re going to kickstart your education, regardless of the subject or the level, why not invest in a student laptop that’s not only built to last.
but also one of the most powerful laptops you can buy in 2020?
That’s what Huawei is offering with the robust Huawei MateBook X Pro.
It’s going to have you covered whatever your subject.
Its attractive and sleek chassis is home to a lovely 13.9-inch 3K display.
A meaty Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5 GPU, and a battery that will serve you well through even the lengthiest of all-nighters.
With all these specs and more, the Huawei MateBook X Pro has proved itself the new gold standard.
And one of the very best 2019 laptops for students available.
ASUS ZenBook 13
- CPU: Intel Core i3-8145U and upwards
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8GB
- Screen: 13.3-inch LED, Full HD
- Storage: 256GB or 512GB SSD
- Connectivity: 2x USB 3, 1x USB 2, HDMI.
ASUS have made a name for themselves selling well-designed, reliable laptops and the asus ZenBook 13 is no different.
Making it the perfect laptops for students around the world.
With it’s cheap starting price of around £850 for the i5 model, there isn’t too much competition.
One fun thing is, at the push of a button, the trackpad can turn into a numerical pad.
Battery life is at the core of the appeal of the ZenBook 13, offering around 10 hours of usage in many tests.
Easily enough for a full day of note-taking and note-making on campus, followed by some evening Netflix.
Asus chromebook flip c434
Key Specifications :-
- CPU: Intel Core m3-8100Y
- GPU: Intel HD 615
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- Display: 14-inch, 1080p
- Size: 12.6 x 8 x 0.6 inches
- Weight: 3.1 pounds
A 14-inch convertible that would make for an excellent college laptop thanks to its slim profile and relatively affordable price.
The first thing you’ll notice about this laptop is the razor-thin bezels, which draw your eyes toward a vivid 1080p display.
While keeping the chassis compact. At just 0.6 inches thick, you won’t have any problems moving the Flip C434 around campus from one class to the next.
You can also save space in your backpack by leaving the charger in your dorm.
because the Flip C434 can last a full class schedule on a charge.
So this is all was the best laptops for students in 2020 . Comment below which laptop you are thinking to buy now and subscribe our newsletter to get all our updates.